Why is it important?
As the patient is critically ill or is diagnosed of some ailment which requires long duration of hospitalisation and constant monitoring, the Insurance Plan takes care of the bills as and when the patient has to go to the hospital. Different insurance companies provide critical illness plan to different ailments, so it is better to check out which plan suits you or the patient. As hospitalisation is expensive and regular visits may cost huge sums of money, it is better to take the plan and cover against high costs of medical treatment.
How to claim?
At the time of hospitalisation, send in your details to the hospital. The Insurance company will ask for additional documents such as medical records, diagnostic records, original policy document and identity proof such as PAN or Aadhar cards.
Why buy insurance on InsureMile online platform?
● Because enquiry about insurance quotes, buying of insurance and other transactions are simple, transparent and competitive on InsureMile platform
● Because InsureMile does not ask you for your phone number or email details, thus you are not harassed by unwanted calls or mail.
● Because InsureMile will guide you, whenever you need any assistance
Advantages and exclusions of critical illness insurance policy
Critical illnesses are diseases and conditions that include but are not limited to cancer, stroke, organ transplants, and kidney diseases among other health conditions. Critical illnesses are expensive, disruptive to one’s way of life and may lead to disability. A critical illness health insurance policy helps you to mitigate such emergencies which if unattended would be fatal by providing an affordable illness plan.
A sum of the assured amount is paid to the policyholder by the insurance company if diagnosed with a critical illness. The best critical illness health insurance plans cater to hospitals costs and the long recovery periods required.
Advantages of a critical illness insurance policy
– A critical illness insurance plan protects your savings and protects you from financial ruin brought about by illness.
– Most health insurance providers offer financial aid during the recovery period. This facility is not available with other basic insurance policies.
– A policyholder with a critical illness insurance plan also enjoys tax relief similar to other insurance plans.
– As per online critical illness insurance information provided by most insurers, a policyholder enjoys free regular check-ups.
– A critical illness health insurance plan is renewable.