What is Cashless Hospitalisation ?
Cashless Plans are that where you do not have to pay the hospital as and when they raise demand. Cashless Hospitalisation makes life easier for patients and their families when the patient is hospitalised. The patient need not pay any money at the time of admission to the hospital. Depending upon the plan you have taken, you may have to pay for some items such as disposables or other services which are not mentioned in the plan. The health insurance company settles the bill directly with the healthcare provider, whether a hospital or a nursing home. This is to reduce the direct financial burden on the insured individual at the time of hospitalization.
Types of Cashless Hospitalisation
Planned Treatment at the Cashless Network:
Emergency Treatment at the Cashless Network:
In a Planned treatment, you may have visits to your doctor or hospitalisation scheduled.
If you have been diagnosed with a disease and need treatment, just go to a hospital which accepts patients on Cashless basis,
As regards Emergency Treatment, it is an occurence over which you may not have any control and requires emergency and trauma care.
How to claim?
● Duly fill claim form.
● Medical Certificate/ Form which is signed by the treating doctor.
● Discharge summary or card (original), availed from the hospital.
● All bills and receipts (original)
● Prescription and cash memos from pharmacies/ the hospital.
● Investigation report
● If it is an accident case, then the FIR or Medico Legal Certificate (MLC) is required.
The most important differentiator is InsureMile’s ‘Buy A Policy, Feed A Child’ mission
For every policy you buy, InsureMile on your behalf contributes 25 meals to a child.
You are thus becoming part of a Social Movement to eradicate hunger among children in India.
There is no additional amount to be paid for the social cause. It is part of the premium.
You can claim tax benefits for the donation you have made.
Advantages of cash hospitalization insurance policy
• Online cashless hospitalization research also reveals that the health plan covers ambulance charges, pre and post hospitalization costs as well as critical illness.
• Since you do not require cash to enjoy medical attention, medical emergencies do not become financial emergencies.
• An easy and hassle-free process as the claim is done by the networked hospital on your behalf. Unlike in a reimbursement policy where you pay for your medical bill then claim from the insurance, a cashless hospitalization policy allows you to simply walk in and enjoy the treatment.
• A cashless health insurance plan allows you to focus on getting better without having to keep track of all the paperwork involved during admission, lab testing and discharge.
• In case of an emergency, you can get admitted without worrying about money.
• The best cashless hospitalization policy role is that a third party administrator (TPA) manages your hospital and pays your bill. Saving your relatives and friends from this unpleasant task.
• It saves you money as one is eligible for tax benefits with a cashless health plan
• Online cashless hospitalization insurance renewal is easy and can be done throughout the policyholders lifetime or as the insurance renewal age policy provides
Who needs a cashless hospitalization insurance plan?
– Anyone who is not on a fixed income can access medical attention.
– Depending on the policy which can be verified by requesting a cashless hospitalization quote, one can transfer a policy among policyholders.
– Anyone who may seek medical attention outside India as it also covers for medical attention abroad.