Effective October 6, 2017
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at.
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Get It?
Insuremile collects a variety of information that will aid us in quoting and servicing your insurance policy and providing the Service to you. This information includes “nonpublic personal information”, which is all information that identifies you and is not available to the public.
We collect this information through your application information, your communications with us, your transactions, your consumer report and use of the Service. We also collect certain information that is linked with your account through a wireless-enabled telematics device installed in your covered vehicle (the “Pulse”). Here are some examples of the information we get:
- Application and Communications: Through the App and the Service we gather
information such as your name, address, residential information, phone number, drivers license number,
social security number, gender, date of birth, educational background, occupational information, former
insurance information, vehicle information, marital status and driving history, as well as other information
that you may provide through other communication features of the Service.
- Consumer Report: Through consumer reporting agencies we gather information such as your driving
record, claims history with other insurers, credit report and insurance score. These agencies keep your
information and only disclose it to us as permitted by law. By submitting an application for coverage,
you authorize Insuremile to request your credit report. You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit
report directly from the consumer reporting agency we utilize.
To receive your report, contact them at:
- Transactions: Through your transactions with us, we gather information such as insurance coverage, payments and claims history, and payment instrument information, such as credit card information.
- We may have access to and gather your mileage, speed, and similar location data from the Pulse you plug in your vehicle (provided to you when you begin Service with us). You can use the Service to elect to turn on or off the storage of location-based data transmitted by the Pulse device from your vehicle. If you choose to turn location-based data off, the Company will stop storing location-based data on our servers within a reasonable time following your selection, and you will not be able to use features of the Service that require your location-based data for any period during which you had location-based data storage disabled.
- Website Usage: Like most online services, when you use the Service, we may automatically collect certain information about your visit and store it in log files, such as the website and/or search criteria that led you to our Service, your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), UDID, or other device address or ID, device type, operating system, browser info, and what pages you visit on the Service, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service.
- Tracking Technologies: Insuremile and our partners (such as our marketing partners), affiliates, or analytics or service providers [such as our Live Chat feature provider, use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
- We and third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information.Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time invitation email to visit the site, and a one-time reminder. Insuremile stores this information for the sole purpose of sending the invitation and reminder emails, and for tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at # to request that we remove this information from our database.to request that we remove this information from our database.
The Ways Insuremile Uses Information
Insuremile uses the information you provide or that we collect to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service now and in the future, and to service your account with us, including the following:
- We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, or regarding your use of the Service.
- We use the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- We may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
The Ways Insuremile Discloses Information
Insuremile is not in the business of selling or commercializing your information with third party companies for marketing purposes. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. There are however some circumstances in which we disclose your information in connection with developing, providing, and maintaining the Service and operating our business, but only as permitted by law. Such disclosures include:
- We may disclose your information to claims representatives, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents, law enforcement agencies, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose information to other parties as permitted by law. For example:
- We disclose personal information to claims representatives in order to initiate the claim process and so that the claims representative may contact you with additional questions.
- A consumer reporting agency may disclose transaction information received from us to other insurance companies with which you do business.
- We disclose information to appropriate entities that make necessary repairs to your vehicle when you are involved in an incident.
- Insuremile works with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, transcription, marketing and support as well as other business services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their work, these third parties may have access to or process your personal information. These disclosures are generally made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- Insuremile may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personal information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Service
- Insuremile may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. In certain situations, Insuremile may also be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities.
- Insuremile works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe is reasonable, appropriate, or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Insuremile and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of Insuremile, our users, or others.
- Insuremile will not otherwise share nonpublic personal information with third party companies for marketing purposes without your consent.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
In the event that all or a portion of Insuremile or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users, including personal information and User Data in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How is Your Information Protected?
Insuremile is committed to protecting your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We have certain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in place that are designed to help protect the security and integrity of your information both during transmission and once it is received. To reduce the risk that your account may be compromised, we recommend the use of passwords greater than eight characters, and that include letters, numbers, and special characters, and that you regularly change your password to one that you have not used within the last year. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at #
Communications with Insuremile
As a Insuremile policyholder, we will contact you regarding your policy, such as billing notices and confirmations of changes, through email. We will also use your email to provide you with updates about our products and services. We may also contact you by phone regarding timely matters such as late payment or other factors that might affect your policy.
When you register for an account, we will use your name and email address to send periodic emails to you of both promotional and transactional nature. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at #.
Reviewing/Correcting Your Information
Upon request Insuremile will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. As a consumer, you have the right to review the information we have about you and update, change or delete your information if needed. Support is provided for consumers to request any needed updates to their data either via email # or by sending us postal mail at the address given below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We can provide consumers with the names of all entities that Insuremile has disclosed certain of your personal information to within two years, in accordance with applicable law. We also provide you with information on how to obtain a copy of your credit report (see prior section What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Get It?).
In addition, every policyholder has an account secured by a username and password on our website that contains a summary of the information we have about you. Any needed updates can be emailed to # or policyholders may call the customer service phone number listed in their online account.
Links to 3rd Parties
You can import contacts from your Gmail or other email account address book to invite them to become members of our website. We collect the username and password for the email account from which you wish to import your contacts, and will only use your personal information for that purpose.
Blog / Forum
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog contact us at #. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. We may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at #
Call Customer Service at or send mail to: